Honey Tamarind Prawns
- Preparation 15 mins
- Cooking time 5 mins
- Makes 2
2 teaspoons cornflour
1 heaped tablespoon Capilano honey
2 teaspoons tamarind puree
juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
2 teaspoons ketjap manis
2 teaspoons peanut oil
1/2 red capsicum, seeded, deveined and chopped
12 green large king prawns (650g), peeled and deveined, tails intact
100g snow peas, trimmed and halved
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1/4 fresh small pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped (about 1 cup)
steamed rice, to serve
- 1Place cornflour in a jug and blend with 1/4 cup water.
- 2Add honey, tamarind puree, lime juice, ginger and ketjap manis. Stir to combine and set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- 4Add capsicum and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 5Add prawns, snowpeas, garlic, chilli and half the green onions and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat slightly and add honey mixture; stir for 1 minute or until prawns are cooked.
- 7Add pineapple and stir to heat through.
- 8Serve with rice and remaining green onions.