Honey Roast Vegetable Pizza
- Preparation 15 mins
- Cooking time 30 mins
- Makes 2
1/4 cup Capilano honey
olive oil spray
freshly ground salt and pepper
400g pumpkin cut into small cubes
2 small round wholemeal pita breads
1/4 cup bottled pasta sauce or passata
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 clove crushed garlic or 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
2 tsp sesame seeds
100g marinated artichoke hearts
100g roasted red peppers
50g spinach leaves
70g goats cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 190°C. Line 2 medium sized oven trays with baking paper. Place pumpkin on tray and spray with oil. Sprinkle all of the salt, pepper and sesame seeds.
- 2Cook for 30 minutes or until pumpkin is golden and brown on its edges.
- 3Mix pasta sauce, mixed herbs and garlic together. Place both pita breads on the second oven tray and cover with the sauce.
- 4Cover the sauce well with spinach leaves.
- 5Scatter over remaining ingredients including the pumpkin and finish by drizzling the top with the remaining honey.
- 6Cook for 20 minutes or until the cheese has started to brown around the edges.
- This is a great way to use any day old left over roast vegetables and is great for a light lunch and for increasing your serves of vegetables throughout the day.
- Goats cheese and honey are perfect partners like tomato and basil. Try topping some crackers or slices of sour dough bread with some goats cheese and a drizzling of honey for a quick afternoon snack or with pre-dinner drinks.
- Marinated artichoke hearts and roasted peppers can be found in the delicatessen and condiment sections of your supermarket and are a great timesaver and staple to have in your pantry as they can lift any simple meal such as pasta, salads or pizza. Remember a little goes a long way. They are great added to a salad and then drizzled with our Light Honey Mustard
- Money Saving Tip 1Sesame seeds add some texture and colour at a fraction of the cost of pine nuts.
- Money Saving Tip 2 A square terracotta tile purchased from your hardware store does the same job as a pizza stone at less than a quarter of the cost. If you use a pizza stone there is no need to precook the pizza base. Preheat the pizza stone for 10 minutes instead.